Thursday, February 02, 2006

Why do I do this???

Whe I gave birth to my son I had quite a bit of baby weight to lose and after denying it for a full year I finally got my butt dragged to Weight Watchers by two very good friends. 9 months and 30 lbs later I felt like a million bucks. The best I had looked in years. Funny how marriage and kids make you fat, happy but very very fat. Well we decided to have another baby and 7 1/2 months ago I gave birth to the most beautiful baby girl you will ever lay eyes on. Now I am facing the very same dilema as I did after the my son ( #1 baby ) WHY DO I DO THIS??? The funny thing is I know how to lose weight, I worked for Weight Watchers as a leader and teacher, but for some reason when it comes to myself I seem to forget everything I ever learnt or taught others and fall into the same pit. I am faced with losing the same 30lbs all over again and now all I want to do is crawl into a hole and eat Krispy Creme out of business ( trust me I could do it! ) So this week I've done pretty good but now here comes the weekend and the hardest part of the week. Why as women are we so obsessed with how we look on the outside. I think I'm a pretty darn good person on the inside ( and not to bad from the neck up ) so why isn't that enough? Why do I feel the need to be a smaller size on the outside. Dang you skinny moms who bounce back like Elastic girl after your fourth child, I hope you trip over your skinny ankles and break your perfect neck with only one chin, and let me tell you that will not soften your fall at all.

Since purchasing our first home this year I try to pinch pennies everywhere I can and I just can't justify returning to Weight Watchers and paying the weekly fee, so I have decided that I am going to be accountable to you my cyber space world. I will weigh in with you every week and hope that this will keep me on the straight and skinny path to the body I once had ( or at least back into my old jeans ) I last weighed myself on monday and havn't stepped back on the scale since. I will return to the scale monday morning and let you know I hopefully succeded. My current weight is 170 lbs, so wish me luck and if you have the courage to join me on this crusade please feel free to tag along. Us fat chicks need to stay strong together, or else we'll just end up eating one another.

Good luck!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahhhhhhhhhh 170 is my goal weight!

Im in (kinda)i need to make smart choices...especailly concidering Ive got a wee wee wee one depending on me....tee hee lets see how much weight i will lose this pregnancy!

Tammy you are beautiful! inside and out! Never for get that!

love ya
Tricia

Jen said...

"...or else we'll just end up eating one another."

That's hysterical!

Alyson said...

After my second I gained weight. I got up to 175+ I don't think I hit 180 but I stopped stepping on the scale.

I had decided that I couldn't be like that anymore and i droppped about 20lbs. Then I hit a plateau. I stayed around 155 for 2 years then i started to gain weight again. I got up to 165. I worked out for a year and didn't drop a thing. Just this last week I dropped some weight. I will weigh in with ya sista.

Today Jen and i were at the gym and the scale said 156.6.

Oh Yah I'm sure your very tasty.

Devynn said...

Tammy,

I am not looking forward to my trying to lose the "baby weight" in a few months after this one arrives. You are giving me hope that I can do it too!

Dev