Monday, January 30, 2006

Princess Practise!!

I had the extreme pleasure of attending a 4yr olds birthday party on saturday. Not just any party, but a Princess party at that. I'm teaching my son early that it's ok to be a boy at a chick party because the greatest reward is cake and ice cream at this point in his life. I happily volunteered to make the princess cake and I had so much fun cutting this big block of chocolate heaven into a beautiful pink crown for the birthday girl. I'm not sure if I had more fun decorating this masterpiece or eating all the leftover jelly beans and licorice and whipped vanilla icing. If I never see another piece of cake again it will be to soon. I have also had my fill of pink princess paraphanilia to last me a life time ( or until my daughter hits that stage ). I do look forward to making more birthday cakes though. I have already volunteered to make my girlfriends son's Batman cake for his party in march. I just have to work on my urge to cry when I see the parents unmercily cutting my masterpiece into serving sizes only for small hands to mash and smoosh it into something unreconizable. Oh well what do you expect when you use a chocolate fudge cake mix. ( Thank you Betty Crocker!! )

One rather sad moment did occur at this swingin' shindig. 98% of the party population was family and my son Liam and one other little boy were the only outsiders there. Liam was teased a little about not being a cousin and he didn't understand what the whole cousin thig meant. I come from a very small but very very tight family. I have two brothers and up until this last christmas only one grandparent. I have no Aunt's and Uncle's, and I have one cousin who is much older then me and has never really been a part of my life at all. I'm used to small family gatherings and it's never bothered me, but I was a little sad for Liam that he will probably never have what these kids have with there cousins and aunts and uncles and grandparents. I hope that Liam will be able to really see the value of family by having everyone he's realted to fairly close together. Liam and Kelsey will never have to worry about ever wondering if there loved because there are smothered with love from every angle. They do have a one future cousin on the way in the next week or so and we are so looking forward to greeting this new little person to our family. There may not be alot of us but there is definatly enough to make us my favorite family.

I may not have the most exciting life to write about but hey at least I can still find things to think about on a weekly basis.

I did get to have a great visit with my wonderful girlfriend Tricia at the Calgary Airport on sunday. She of course looked stunning. It's amazing how someone who just spent a week in a farm house in Saskatoon, with no shower, is 11 weeks pregnant, just vommited on the plane while desending can still look absolutly gorgeous when I see her. Tricia you are a true jewel and I'm so glad I could be seen in public with you even if it was just for a short while. How did that sound Tricia aren't you glad I didn't tell people how rough you really looked. Just remember I love you anyway!!!!!!

Well till next time, keep commenting.

No comments: