Monday, January 23, 2006

Mental Momma

Well today was definatly a day I am glad to see end. I really do love my kids, even my part time baby who hangs with us all day, 5 days a week, but today was truly not the best day for any of us. Our morning started out just fine and then at 11:30 when nap time rolled around all hell broke loose in my house. Even though sheer exhaustion set into both of the babies, they were in complete denial that they wanted to nap. So with both of them screaming like I'd beat them we had a full hour of sreaming, crying, and all out wailing. ( and that wasn't just the baby's) So while this is all going on I got the crazy idea that I should attempt to try and make lunch for Liam (my 4yr old). I mean how hard is it to make a grilled cheese sandwich, well obviously alot harder then you would think when two small children are both trying to out wail the other. I managed to burn two sandwich's to a crisp and drop one on the floor. Then I proceeded to throw my spatula in the sink with unnecessary force with caused it to ricochet out of the sink and into my blinds and on my window, which of course followed with a few words of frustration. All of this witnessed by Liam, who then told me I was being to loud!! (Can he not hear the wailing comming from the other rooms?) I eventually managed to get one child to go to sleep where he must have decided that for his own sake he sould stay asleep for quite awhile (3 hours to be precise) and I only had to deal with one infant. I'm sure the people who called during this episode must have been ready to send the big white van with matching coat over to save the children from my wrath, unfortunalty they never came and I had to find my own way of returning to planet parent.

I find great comfort in my kitchen when I'm ready to fall apart, so in order for me to get it together, I proceded to bake until I felt better. 8 dozen cookies later I felt much better. Funny how when nothing goes right something with chocolate always make the world right again. I have been trying desperatly to shed my execess baby weight but if these days continue, I'm going to look like I'm with child once more. Well here's hopin' tomorrow goes a little smoother.
Wish me luck!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh hunny, we were told there would be days like this. ok maybe not exactley like this. My day, although not as rough as yours, sonsisted of 5 children under 5 yrs old. AHHHHHH, but it ended with PIZZA and a DIET PEPSI!!! aww the sweet comforts. Here is a DP toast to a better day tommorow.

Jen said...

Oh baby. Nothing can make your day better than a girlfriend coming over to take care fo the children while you get a nap. Don't worry, you won't have to thank me, I heard something about 8 dozen cookies.