Sunday, February 26, 2006

Chinese Food, Monster Trucks, and lot's of Girl Talk!

We had a great weekend. On friday night we were surprised by some friends ( Craig & Mary ) who had planned a fabulous evening for us. They had been planning it for some time and would not tell us anything. For those of you who don't know me well enough, I hate surprise's. I don't mind it if I don't know there comming, but the whole idea of someone planning something for me and not giving me any inside knowledge drive's me nut's. I guess I'm a little of a freak that way. If I have no idea it's comming then I'm fine but when I know something is comming my way I go nut's with that idea. I'm sure Mary enjoyed every moment of torturing me with her plan's as well, in fact I know she did and I can't blame her it's rather funny to watch me get all worked up and I'm sure she would really get a chuckle over some of the ideas I had running through my mind wondering what she had planned. Well her and her hubby brought over chinese food (my favorite) and chocolate fondue (everyone's favorite) and we ate ourselves silly and also left us with all the leftovers for the next day. I was a great evening. It's funny I see and talk to them everyday since I have there son (Conner) here while they work but I really don't get to visit too often with them so it was nice to have a real grown up evening to relax and socialize.

Then on saturday night Patrick took Liam to his first Monster Truck show. They had a great time. I mean what's better bonding then time spent with greasy stadium food (pocket dogs the food of choice this evening) lot's of really loud truck's, a whole lot of dirt and a stadium full of red necks. It's sounds like true male bonding to me. All though I have been known to attend a few of these events myself with my man by my side, it just wouldn't be safe to go alone, I mean really a woman with all her teeth and not a sister or cousin, I could end up clubbed and dragged off to a shotgun wedding and made a right purdy bride. I on the other hand had the extreme pleasure of having jen the mom over for a fun filled evening of Rolo ice cream and scrapbooking. It's become mandatory to scrapbook together because if we didn't we'd never get anything done because we always seem to be swaping each other's paper and embelleshments. It was a great weekend all around and some fabulous memories were and made and documented for all the family to enjoy.

I sure hope your weekends were just as memorable. See you soon.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Oh yeah, I want my ice cream back you thief!