Wednesday, February 15, 2006

So much to say and so little time!

Well I hope you've got a few minutes because I have a few things to share and get off my chest.
I've decided that Valentines day is far to over-rated and I don't know why we set ourselves up for disapointment. I thought I did a pretty good job letting my man know that he is loved and adored. I put a card in his lunch, left him a love letter on his computer desk, made chocolate dipped strawberries, and had our son make him a valentine poster for his office wall. I also had other romantic ideas for the rest of the evening but seeing that were both suffering from colds the rest of the evening didn't go quite as planned, much to my disapointment. Now my husband had offered to take me out for dinner last weekend, but then the kids got sick and it never happened, so he figured he was off the hook for the day and would just take me out on another available evening. WRONG!!! It still would have been nice to have gotten a card or a note or something. I don't think that's expecting to much is it? I love my husband but sometimes he forgets he lives with a woman and not just his dad anymore. Oh well, better luck next year.

Now I heard from a little birdy that my mom is feeling a little left out that I havn't mentioned her anywhere in any of my blog, well Mom this one's for you....

My mom is an absolute, grade A, number one, world class mother and friend. She has been my mentor, my friend, my example and most importantly the best mom ever to me. She is smart and funny and very attractive ( I know that for a fact because everyone say's I look just like her) She is the most amazing cook on the face of the planet, and some of my most precious memories growing up are of her and I just spending some quiet time together. It doesn't seem like that long ago I used to sit in her room and watch her put her makeup on and curl her hair. I learned that beauty is an art and comes from deep within a person. She not only taught me how to apply foundation, and eyeliner, but how to be graceful and elegant and truly classy when other's may be trying to break you down. She also taught me that I can be anything I want to be if only I belive in myself and stick to my beliefs. She never talked down to me and always respected my choices even if they may not have alway's been the best ones. She is a wonderful Nana to her now 3 grandchildren ( my brother and sister-in law just had a baby girl last night read on for more details ) and I hope that they can also appreciate her beauty and wisdom when they are older. Mom I love and adore you and hope you always know how much your love means to me. I will always be your little girl and you will always be my inspiration.

Now that I've told you how wonderful my mom is let me tell you what a rotten mom I am. I'm absolutly embarrased to admit what I did today. I didn't get much sleep last night as I was up watching Dr. Phils love match program until 11:00 and then my sweet daughter kept me awake. So needless to say I was a bit cranky this afternoon. I couldn't seem to accomplish anything I wanted to and the baby's were a little noisyer then usual. My daughter has found her voice and she can shriek at a decibal you could never imagine. Happy sounds they may be my nerves were not in the mood. Then I was fighting with the 1yr old to eat his lunch and it was a battle I was not going to win. So for no good reason I totally lost it and threw the tupperware all the way across the kitchen and then a plastic cup soon joined it. My 4yr old just stared as I screamed in frustration and proceded to freak out. I then quietly asked him to go and play downstairs and I then cleaned up my mess and sat down to contemplate what has just happened. I think I need to get more sleep or something because my poor kids are going to lock me away if this keeps up. I decided to go out for a couple hours tonight alone to try and unwind from the day and I must say I do feel much better. Please tell me I'm not alone, and there are others out there who also freak out once in awhile. How do you bring yourself back down to earth and out of crazyland? I would love to know your secrets.

On a good note though, My brother had a beautiful 7lb baby girl last night. We are so happy for them. Her name is Emma-Lee Belle Tyrrell. We can't wait to meet her and look forward to lot's of pictures.

Well that's ny story today and Tina when you read this I havn't forgotten you your bio will be next time. Till then See ya soon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your new neice. That is super sweet!!! When I have days like yours i have been known to lock myself in the bathroom for 10 min. to collect myself. Try it!!

Anonymous said...

Tammy, have ya SEEN the hole in the drywall in my kitchen? Freaking out from time to time is ok. That's what keeps you sane in the long run. And when it comes to the "1 year old" I've learned that to avoid more of my own messes that only creates more cleaning for me, I've stopped fighting with him to eat. Period. If he's not hungry, he's not hungry and that's that. Don't worry. You're still an awesome mom.
Mar

Jen said...

Screaming into pillows works for me when I need to let out a little frustration.