Friday, April 13, 2007

Why Do I Care So Much!!

I have been blessed with friends who love me and look out for me. I like to think that I am a pretty low maintenance friend and don't require to much attention alot of the time. So when I have friends who need me emotionaly a little more then usual it's not really that big of a deal, but then why am I so danged overwhelmed by everyone else's lives.

I am a mother to two lovely kids so why am I forever feeling like I need to mother everyone else around me. I know that most of these people don't even care what my opinions for them may be but sometimes when I see people I care about making such STUPID choices I can't help but get frustrated that the obvious is right there and they are missing it completly.

So the question I pose is this... Why do I or we as women care so much? Why do I constantly think I have to take care of everyone and there kids and keep them fed and loved and coddled half of the time. These people have mothers and some even have sisters to do that for them. Why can I not just detach myself and say that it's none of my buisness and I don't need to be responsible for what goes on in there lives. Why do I care. I have always belived that I was a caring individual and I want to continue being that way but I just don't think I need to be lying awake at night pondering everyone elses problems especially when they don't even think they have a problem. I have the problem and I'm not sure how to change my inability to not get involved. Maybe I'm just nosey and need to feel involved, I don't know.

Help me Dr. Phil!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

`Well I know you aren't talking about me expecially since I didn't hear from you yesterday...APRIL 12.
I think I'm the friend you are weeding out??? Where have you been?????
Tina