Wednesday, April 04, 2007

The truth will set you free and make you fat!

Since this is the week leading up to the Easter weekend and because of that I decided to do a little homework and see how depressing all the goodies can be. When I was a member of W.W last year at this time my leader took the time to look up all the points values of the treats and post them at the meeting for all of us to see. So I am doing you all the favor (if you want to look at it that way) and here they are.

Peeps (sugar coated marshmallow ducks) 2pts for 5 ducks.

Malted candy (whoppers) 5pts for 1/2 for 56grams (about 10 candys)

Hershey marshmallow egg coated in chocolate 2pts for 1egg

Cadbury mini eggs 3pts for 1 small snack bag

Reese peanut butter egg 4pts for 1 egg

Individual chocolate eggs wrapped in foil 5pts for 6

Cadbury creme egg 4pts for 1

Mr Solid, Mr Munchy, Mr Fruit & Nut 20pts for the whole bunny.

So what are you going to choose for the holidays. Carrots are looking pretty good right now actually. What I want to know is what would you put in your kids baskets if you decided that you wanted to make this holiday a little healthier.

I have been blessed with some really skinny kids but that doesn't give me a free pass to load then up with crap just because there not big. I heard on the news the other day that the obesity rate in Canadian children has grown so much that if your child is obese they will have a shorter life expectancy then there parents. That makes me what to cry. I was a plump little girl and thank heaven I learned early enough to take better care of myself, but who's teaching our kids if we don't. Please lets all try to make Easter a little more healthy this year and remember when Christ was resurrected he didn't come with a Mr. Solid bunny in his hand.

Have a happy Easter and Enjoy all your family has to offer.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

That is just great. I can not believe that you would do that to me. Just joking. I can not wait to see you this weekend and yes as always I will have some treats for you. HeHeHe.