Thursday, March 01, 2007

A fresh new look!!

Well I finally did it!

I got brave enough to actually paint a room in my house. My daughters room was my first attempt at designing and I have to say I did an awesome job. Her room is now a beautiful shade of Lavender that we found in a mistint pile at Canadian tire for $10.00. Then I stenciled all the young women values (faith, divine nature, individual worth, knowledge choice and accountability, good works and integrity) all around the top of the room. Above her closet though it say's " A daughter of God " with the values following after. They are all painted a light pink with a dark pink outline. Then I stamped (yes that's right marcy and tricia I stamped) daisy's all around on either side of each phrase. Then I got white curtains and hung them in her window and tied them with some pink ribbon so you can still see out the window. I am in love with this room. It feels so feminine and girly. and I hope when she's older she can appreciate the wisdom in the words that will surround her. It's my first attempt at being really creative with our home and I LOVED IT!!! I can't wait to do another project now and hone in on my painting skills. I think I'm scaring my hubby though. I did get a few spots of purple on the ceiling but my touch up work was pretty dang good. Now I need to my son's room and I'm envisioning the colors of Spiderman. I won't do a spiderman themed room. but red and blue would be pretty cool, and the blue would match his bed perfectly, but I guess I should let him have say seeing as he is 5 yrs old and will probably have an opinion of his own. Curse you independence I miss the day's when I could think for them. Oh well as soon as I take some pictures of baby girls room I will post them for all to see. And if for some weird reason you don't like it keep it to yourself I like the my happy bubble just the way it is. Ha Ha

No comments: