Friday, March 23, 2007

A poopy break-through!!!

Now you know your a mom when your child does something that would have totally groosed you out as a young adult, but as a mom your over the moon.

Just to back up a bit, I decided in January I would bring down my potty from storage and give it a wash and show it to my my youngest who was a mere 18 months at that point. I wasn't asking for miracles just giving her something to think about. She has an older brother who she alway's follows into the bathroom anyway so why not give the option. Well she loved to sit on it and everytime I went in to conduct my business she would join me. The only catch was she refused to take off her diaper. To actually sit on a cold seat was just to much for her precious bottom. Well today she told me she had to "pooppy on the potty" my usual reaction was "whatever" but she insisted and so I let her into the bathroom. I asked if she wanted to go and she said yes and headed to the potty. So I took a chance and removed her pants and undershirt (the kind with buttons) and then I took off her diaper. To my suprise she was actually starting to poop and when the diaper came off she sat right down and you'll never belive it she actually did it.

MY BABY POOPED ON THE POTTY!! I am beside myself with joy and yes I know it may not happen again for another year but hey it was momentous for me and we made a huge deal out of it and she was quite elated to recieve her candy treat afterwards.

It's these little moments that give me hope that there is a light at the end of a very long poppy tunnel. Here's hopin' for more perfect moments.

No comments: