Monday, July 21, 2008

Your never to old to learn new tricks!

I am very fortunate to love my job, all of my jobs. I work hard and get paid to do something wonderful. For any one who doesn't know I am a hairdresser and an Arbonne Consultant. I love both businesses and wouldn't trade my jobs for anything. I am self-employed and very proud of the businesses I have built up. I try to always have a good work ethic and if I don't want to work one day I have the luxury of not. If I don't like my boss (me) then I ignore her for awhile and deal with her when I'm good and ready. She is my best and worst enemy. I love the beauty industry because it allows me to be expressive and artistic. Most of my work now is pretty low key but there was a time in my life when I got to make Geisha's and Vogue models and I have the trophy's to prove it. I have always tryed to learn new things and give my customers something different and now I am sooooo excited about my latest service.
In two days I will be spending the day with a lovely women who will be training me on applying nails and doing manicures. I can't wait. I love these new nails, they are called Krystle nails and they are not your typical nails. There is very little filing of the natural nail and also no build up of product so as they grow you aren't left with a ridge at the top. The product has titanium in it so they are super strong. If they can withstand the abuse I give them then they can handle anything. When you get tired of wearing them all I have to do is soak them in a special solution and they melt right off leaving your natural nail just as intact as it was previous to wearing the false ones. You can put the solution on right over your own nails if you want to grow your own and they will help them grow. This product is amazing and I can't wait to get my hands and everyone else's into it. You know what else is great, I get a whole day to be with another adult and no one screaming at me to get then juice, or take a potty break, or make lunch, or tell me how bored they are. I get to leave the kids with my dear friend Jen who knows how badly I need this break. I havn't had a break in weeks and boy are my nerves FRIED!!! Don't get me wrong I love being with my baby's but when it gets to 24/7 I start to lose my patience and just need to put my brain to use somewhere else. I love working at home and I love working, it allows me to have my own sense of being. I get to be mom and the hairdresser and it doesn't get any better than that. I am so looking forward to a new service at home something different and challenging, so if you want a beautiful set of nails for the rest of the summer, lets hook up because I won't be charging for sets of nails until september 1st.
Here's my challenge to all us stay at home moms.... Learn something before the year is through. Challenge yourself to go beyond what you know and learn a new skill. If I can do it I know you can to. See what your made of and challenge yourself a little. What doesn't kill us will only make us stronger. Good luck and let me know what your new skills are.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you go chiquita!! I am mastering the skill of colouring my own hair. tee hee. I did it again and it looks great this time.