Monday, July 07, 2008



Have You Hugged My Tree Today!
I love my tree! I have a wonderful white lilac tree in my front yard. At least that's what I think it is. This year it bloomed so nicely especially since last years late spring snow fall nearly killed it. I love walking out my front door and getting slapped in the face with its sweet aroma. I grew up with purple lilacs in my yard and now I have my own white ones.
It's still a little droopy on one side from the snow last year but may of the other trees in the neighborhood were completly destroyed so I'm just grateful it's still standing.
Now that it's hot out the flowers are gone but the tree still has a great presence in the front yard and I love it's beauty. I'm not a real nature seeker but I love how it makes the front yard feel even more like home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

mmmmmm I can almost smell it. I love Lilac trees.