Monday, July 07, 2008

My "Sweet" Boy!






Last month was our Aunty Mary's birthday and we were designated cake duty. I make a lot of the cakes for our functions and I love doing it but this time my 6yr old decided he wanted to make it. OK I said. So we did everything, he made the cake himself (with pre measured ingredients) and I let him go hard with the icing. It was soooo much fun to watch him create his masterpiece and I personally think he did an amazing job. Liam is our artistic one he loves to draw and create with his hands. He will be my art student and I am so proud.


After we finished the cake it was my turn to be creative and what better canvas then a 6yr old. I took the left over icing in my icing bag and proceded to give him a goutee and moustache and if you look really carefully I added a pair of earrings (the only ones he will ever have). Then really fun part was watching him try to lick it all off his own face. I'll confess I helped. I love whipped icing and it was still yummy comming off his face.
I love these little moments he and I have, I get so busy with work, I sometimes forget to play and this paticular night I did not. I can't wait for the next birthday so we can decorate all over again. I think I'll make him look like pres. lincoln HE HE.

No comments: