Friday, July 11, 2008

Discovering "The Secret"

Now you may all think I am totally off my rocker, that Tammy has really gone off the deep end now and the looney bin is on route but hear me out first.

I have recently been watching the movie and reading the book "The Secret" by Rhonda Byrnes. I have really enjoyed listening to the concepts explained in the story. It's all about the secret to life and how to be successful. I am looking for a little success in my life. I have a great life but I want to make it amazing. I want my family to feel like they can do anything and I firmly belive that if I can radiate that feeling of success and happiness I will teach them how to have that as well. This doesn't mean I want millions of dollars and a mansion with full servants and a pool boy (he he) it just means I want to not have to worry about the little things in life. I want to go out and get my year supply of food and not stress over how, I want to shop and treat myself without guilt. I want to take my kids on holidays and not worry about the bill when I get home. I want to know that should I have to take of myself and children alone I can. I am a business minded person, I do not like the 9-5 job I work alone and I have always enjoyed that. With Arbonne I'm far from alone but I'm still my own boss and I set my hours. The salon keeps me social but I call all the shots. The question I keep asking myself is how can I make these work choices benefit my family and give us this finacial freedom.

The first step I've been taught is "Gratitude" I need to be grateful for what I already have. Here is what I am grateful for...
My kids and the sweet way they love and play and forgive and roll with the punches.
My husband and his patience for never knowing whats going to happen next, also his belief in me and what I can accomplish.
My family for giving me a loving enviroment to grow up in.
My friends and the love and support they always have ready when I need it.
My jobs and the feelings of success they give me. The confidence I have developed from them.
My Heavenly Father for guiding me with a gentle hand to where I need tobe and bringing in the right people to bless me along the way.
My home. It is the symbol for all I have worked for. I found it, I bought it, I make it what it truly is.

That is only the tip of the iceburg. My life is sooooo rich and I have learned that the "Secret" to being happy is knowing that I already am and allowing the feeling to grow and develop and not focus one the bad just focus on the good that is already here and watch it turn into more of what I desire.

Tonight I really needed to remember all I have because it's been arough week. So instead of letting it get me down I am going to regroup and wipe my slate clean. I am strong, successful, and my possibilitys are endless. Look out world here I come.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i have that book as well. Very motivating.