Tuesday, April 22, 2008

An Amazing Thing!!

This weekend I did an amazing thing with some amazing women. I ran the Vancouver Sun Run 10K race. Yes you read that right I RAN!! Not only did I cross the finish line I RAN over it. I RAN the whole way. I did not stop RUNNING the whole race. It was the first time I have RUN 10K and I have to pat myself on the back for all my hard work. If you can't already tell I am pretty darn proud of myself.

I went with Tracy and Amber and Tracy sister Sue ran with us. It was a first time race for all of us and we came away feeling pretty darn good about ourselves. The most I had run was 7k on a treadmill and 41/2 on the road here at home but when your in a crowd of 59,000 + people and running with friends the fear of losing them keeps you moving. It was the most amazing feeling crossing that finish line and knowing that I did something great for myself. My running this race was all for me and showing myself that I am capable of anything. I also have to say how proud I am of my girls for acheiving the same goal.

The weekend wasn't just about running the race either we had a great time catching up with old friends and doing a major shopping spree. We kept it exciting also; everything from Value Village shopping to Lululemon workout gear. We know how to have the best of both worlds. I love shopping with my friends and being girly.

We ate all our favorite foods with all our favorite friends, Sushi w/ Marcy and Tricia and Heather, Fish and chips on the beach w/ Hazel and Sue and The doctors office we were racing with bought us a fabulous meal downtown Vancouver the night before the race. We got to stay at the Vancouver Fairmont Hotel the night before the race and that was a real treat. The start line for the race was just outside our front door. We hope to make this an annual thing and I can't wait to start training for the next one.

Thank you girls for making this weekend the best one I've had in a a long time. Thank you Hazel for putting us up and always making us feel welcome. It's always so great to catch up and keep in touch with those I care about. Maybe next time they will come visit me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was a great weekend and I am very proud of you. We will keep going until we can do a full marathon!!! Love Ya. Tracy