Saturday, April 22, 2006

Construction / Destruction!!

Well no I havn't been eaten my aliens, just taken over by construction workers in my home. We decided that it would be fun to develop our basement and finally put it to some good use. Who's idea was that anyway??

We spent the entire Easter weekend doing it and thanks to my dad, my father in law, my husband, and a couple of very devoted friends we managed to get all the wiring done and all the drywall up. What a mess!!!!! The good news is that we passed all the inspections and now we need to finish it up. My father in law has returned this weekend to help finish the walls and what ever else they can accomplish. The good news is once the wall are up most of the destruction will be over. The bad news is my house looks like a war zone. I refuse to have anyone over who isn't family because I'm actually embarresed by the mess but what's the point in cleaning really! Oh well were making progress. My hubby has taken on the attitude that he won't stop until it's done and for that I am gratuful.

My salon area is very quaint, cozy and slightly cramped but we will make it work. We have picked out our colors and we didn't even have to raise our voices, pretty good eh? Were going with blues in the rec room and a pretty soft green in the salon. I want to make the salon a very peaceful and relaxing place to be in. It may be the only place I have for some serenity or was the sanity, either way it's my room and I'll do what ever I dang well please in it.

Easter was nice the kids (meaning my husband and son) got pumped full of the usual chocolate and candy. My daughter also has discovered the wonderful world of chocolate and is much happier when her mouth is stuffed full of it. There you have it her first step into womanhood.

It's always nice to have family visit but it's also nice to have our home to ourself again. I don't think anything will be the same until after the basement is complete.

Well I hope all is well with everyone out there. See you soon

No comments: