Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Cub Scout Liam.
Well the big day finally arrived when Liam could be a Cub Scout. He has watched his Dad atended Scouts for years and has always wanted to be a part of it and now he can.

We attended the Baden Powell Banquet to watch him be sworn in and he was grinning from Ear to Ear. He was so excited to be a part of something with all boys in it. He also now attends a primary class of all boys and to Liam that is amazing. He has NEVER had a primary class with boys in it. Only girls so now he actually enjoys going to church. PHEW that only took 8 years.
Here are my men in uniform. Hey I'll take what I can get. This was a great moment for both of my boys and they look so cute in there matching duds! It's a shame Patrick got released from scouts just shortly afterwards but I have no fear he'll be back sooner than later.

His great-grandfather would've been so proud. My grandfather who I never got the chance to know was a HUGE scouter and now his legacy is being passed on.
Here's to lots of badge of work and camping with Dad to acheive them.




No comments: