Tuesday, May 27, 2008




In May we had the chance to see our boy in his year end concert. The kids sang for us and as usual made all the moms cry. In the finale number they sang an old song "we are the world" I remember singing that when I was in school a few years older then he is. Time flys and sometimes it's a little to quick.
It's hard to belive that this sweet little boy of mine will be leaving grade one soon to take on the academic challenges of the second grade. When we started our son in school he was quite young (we thought) only to find a wonderful teacher who worked so well with him and got him started on the right path. Now this sweet child of ours reads to us and teaches me things I have long forgotten about. I love to watch him learn and grow and become the little man he is. Most of the time he enjoys going to school and has a good time with his buddy's, but there was a tiny issue with a certain boy this year and that was worked out quite quickly and now they are buddies. I forgot how quickly we as children love and hate people so fast. I remember the samw things happening to me and how what seemed so huge and awful things felt in one moment and then the next moment everyone is friends again. Why can't we be the same way as adults. This is why children are so beautiful to us.
Liam I hope one day you can read this and see how special you are to me and your dad. You are the first born for a reason. You are smart and sweet and sensitive to others and it makes you the incredible person you will one day become. We are so proud of you and hope you will grab on to all the possibilities you can. You are a bit of a daydreamer your teachers have said but that just tells us that you have amazing ideas and one day you will make them come to life. We love you son and look forward to our next adventures with you.

No comments: