Wednesday, February 07, 2007

One hot 30 year old!!

Yes folks that's right I am 30 years old now and I am hot. I had a great birthday this year. Probably the best I've had in years. My wonderful friend Jen the mom, planned a swinging party at a pub here in the NW, it was not the pub she was thinking of but you know what it was just what we all needed after a week with sick kids. We watched a couple of hockey games, shot some pool, did some karaoke. It was a blast. We did have a party pooper in our midst but that pooper left and we resumed our good time. I havn't laughed so hard ever in my life. Tara even got the bartender to make me a virgin shooter. A muff diver if you can belive it. For those who are unsure, you take a very large martini glass and place a shot glass inside. My shooter this evening was Coke and Grenadine, then you fill the whole thing up with whipping cream and bury the shot glass. My job was to stick my face inside the martini glass and dig out the shot glass with my tongue and shot er back. Well a drink virgin I may be but a tongue one I am not and I was quite successfull in finding said shot glass. It was a riot.

It was sooo much fun, and I am so grateful to have a friend like Jen who would take the time plan such a great night for me. I have been so richly blessed with friends in my life. I may not have any real sisters but the women in my life make it complete. Thank you Jen for making 30 a little less painful then it could have been, you just wait till yours, you ain't seen nothin'.

1 comment:

Jen said...

That was the whole point of course. It's all about me, right?

I'm so glad you had a good time on your birthday. I can't believe how fast the time went by that night. We could have been there until breakfast!