Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Happy FEBRUARY New Year!!

Soooooo Sorry for the delay but my life has turned into the dayhome, hair salon, Weight Watcher world of crazyness. Don't get me wrong I love my life but holy crap what have I gotten myself into.

Well for anyone who may be wondering we had an amazing christmas. My whole family was here and it's been 4 years since we were all together ove the holidays.

First Nana and Papa arrived with Tara and her three kids in tow. Then Donn and Brandi and Emma-lee showed up two days later, and Scott arrived two days after that. Our home was full and fortunatly so was our fridge. Everyone came happy and healthy and my chlidren made sure to share all there germs with the Emma (10 months) and she came down with her first cold. I felt like the worst aunty in the world but fortunalty for me she loved me best and it was non stop kisses for aunty. She is the cutest little thing I have ever seen. My kids are definalty cute but Emma is a jewel and I can't wait to watch her grow.

We didn't stray to far from home to often, it's amazing how much work it is to herd that many people out the door in the morning. Church was a feat in itself, but yes my whole family went to church with me and it was soooo wonderful to have the spirit surround us all together. We did manage to get to the zoo and the kids were perfect, we went to banff on christmas eve, we did lots of shopping. Nana and Papa were in a spending mood and spoiled all of us the whole visit. Our evenings were full of Karaoke and cards and more laughter then I've had in a long time. I love being with my family and especially my brothers. We are so different yet we can laugh at the same things and also at ourselve's. I really wanted to show my big brother how grown up I really am. That I can keep a home, a job, kids, and a hubby and still keep my sanity. I don't know why I've never grown out of wanted to impress him but I havn't and I guess I will always be that way. I look up to him and love him and just want him to know I'm o.k. My baby brother I just want to take care of, he has been my best friend for most of my life and alot of my favorite memories are of him and I doing really simple things and mostly just being there for each other. I would do anything for both of them and I know those feelings are returned.
Now my sister in law, I need to live closer to. She is so freekin funny. She comes across as quiet and shy but that is just a cover, she can be loud and hold her own in a poker game. She is a famtastic mom and a great wife to my brother. I loved giving her a makeover at 10 at night. There's nothing like removing facial hair from the ones you love. She got plucked, dyed, cut and streaked all in one night and it was sooooo much fun. She looked awesome. I can't for our next visit so we can re-live and make new memories together.

It was also great to see Tara and the kids again and see how much the kids have grown and changed. It was also a shock to see how much tara shrunk. Skinny cow lost 45 lbs and never told me she had till she got here and suprised us all. She looked hot and I forgot how much I missed our talks and visits. It was also really fun to chop all of her and Britt's hair off. I never get tired of that!!

All in all it was a fabulous holiday and I look forward to the next one but holy crap am I glad it's a whole year from now.

1 comment:

Jen said...

It was non-stop partying at your place and I loved it!