Wednesday, October 11, 2006

It's not a Tumor!!

It's my son, attached to my back that is already aching. Why is it when I want to take a few minutes to check my e-mail and catch up with a few friends the kids decide they should glue themselves to my body and drive me nut's.

I decided that the kids were not to play any video games at all today. Not because they have been bad but because I wanted them to actually use there very vivid minds that I know are in there. They are becoming so used to being entertained that they don't want to play lego or do puzzles any more and it's kinda sad that they would rather shoot people and monsters and not stare longingly at a square box. So today I made them actually play together and you won't belive it but they actually got along quite well. The boy's even sat in a chair together and read a book. What a crazy thing eh? I think I need to do this more often and find a few more thinking toy's for them. I know they have imaginations, they just don't use them enough. Computer games and video games are fun and useful for sometimes but not for all the time.

Am I a bad mom for doing this or should I have done this sooner? Let me know.

2 comments:

Jen said...

sooner...

Just sayin.

Alyson said...

I don't think your a bad mom for doing this and i don't think your a bad mom for letting them play games either. Sometimes you are only able to deal with what you can deal with and if video games are sometimes an aid then yay. After all you work 3 jobs and have a little one and sometimes you just have to enjoy the sanity that comes with playing games. The point is that you are not letting them do it everyday all day.

I was so against video games and still slightly am but my boy are able to improve their finger dexterity (sp) with the games. I still hate them but they know that if the mess up by not cleaning them up or ignoring me whilst playing they loose their games for a significant time.

Tonight Tim is going to play games with the boys and they are so excited. They haven't played for a couple of weeks.