Tuesday, October 10, 2006

I Gobbled Till I Wobbled!!

And that is no lie. I can't belive how much I ate, it's almost embabaresing how much I stuffed in body, and then expected it to function normally. Well let me tell you it was struggling. I did manage to have a really good visit with my In-laws and that was the most important part. I have to tell you I am really fortunate to have a mother and father in law who treat me like one of there own. I my hubby ever died or ran off if someone floozy who was hotter then me ( yeah right he knows a good thing when he's got it) I know that my in-laws would never let me go. My father in law is especially good to me. He treats me like the daughter he's always wanted and nothing is too good for me. He is responsible for purchasing all my salon equipment and also for instaling it all. He always cooks all my favorites when I visit and then send me home with a car full of goodies. This weekend was no exception. I came home with ALL the leftovers. And when I say all I mean I came home with 10 count em up, that's right 10 tupperware containers full of Turkey, Stuffing, Veggies, Potatoes, Jelly, Sweet Potatoes, Cherry Pie, and all the Gravy. That didn't include the whole pumpkin pie that was on the floor of the backseat. And I also got the leftover carcass for soup as well. How's that for the mother load.
The only down side was my mother-in-law woke up sunday morning with a terrible flu and slept the whole day. Then I took home all the leftovers and she got none. Just on my own defense I was unaware that I was inheriting all the food or I would of made sure she got a plate of something. Oh well who am I to complain.

The kids also had a nice visit with my hubby's grandmother. She absolutley adores her great-grandkids and you can see it when she looks at them. That my friends is true love. That is the soul reason why women have kids in some case's. This women raised four of her own children and also raised my husband when his mom died when he was just 2months old. Grandma Hanson took over and raised him as well.

If I've totally confused you now, let me give you a brief summary. My husbands mom died when he was an infant. His real Father never wanted him. So when his mom passed away, Grandma raised him and when he turned 8yrs old, she took on the help of her son John. John raised him till he was grown with Grandma's help and so that is how he grew up. Now the man I call my father in law is actually Uncle John. Do you follow me now. My mother in law is John's long time girlfriend Sharon. They have been my in laws for the last 8 1/2 years. Which makes there love for me even more amazing because the ties we have created were just there and It show's me how much we were meant to be together.

Now back to the turkey, did I mention how freaking great it was. My father in law is the most awesome cook and he dominated thanksgiving dinner this year.

It is good to have another holiday over so that we can move ourselves a little closer to Christmas. I know I'm crazy for saying that but that's when the family arrives and that's when the fun starts. I can't wait to show them the city and do all the touristy stuff with them. We will even take an overnighter to Edmonton and do the mall and visit with my in laws once more.

Well I hope all your weekends were wonderful and you enjoy your turkey sandwich's all week. Till then.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Your husband's family tree sounds almost as confusing as my husband's. What with all the cousins marrying cousins and in-laws marrying other in-laws on the other side of the family.

Weird, just plain weird.

Congrats on all the leftovers. I'm still looking forward to that piece of cherry pie. I walk around all day thinking about it, smelling cherry pie in the air.

I know. I'm slightly psychotic.