Tuesday, September 05, 2006

From Toddlerhood to Boyhood!

Those are a the words my husband used when he gave our son a very beautiful blessing last night to start his first day of school off right. Well needless to say I have been crying ever since.

Today I dropped my first born, baby boy off at Kindergarten. He's not a baby anymore and I can't belive the first 5 years are comming to a close. I love this little man more then life itself and I can't belive he's now starting school. Where did the time go?

He was so excited to embark on his new journey, with his new jeans (like daddy's), his army shirt (like daddy's video game), his batman lunch kit (once again like daddy's), his Incredibles backpack, spiderman and superman shoes (indoor and outdoor), and his favorite Koolaid juice boxes. Oh how simple life really is to these kids. He had no fear and was ready to leave us behind and enter this new world of fun and learning, but I clung on just a little bit longer to make sure he got into class and was really o.k. no suprise he was just fine.

So there he was being left behind with a teacher I hardly know, a room full of kids I have never met and I'm leaving him for three hours on his own to fend for himself. Isn't that bad parenting? Well we all did it so it must be the right thing to do.

Well to all you other first time mom's who are doing the same thing today, here's to us and a little more freedom, even though I'm sure your all looking around for your 5 yr old as well wondering where there hiding, enjoy your day and remember they will alway's be your baby's.

No comments: