Saturday, August 29, 2009

The Baby Blues!

For anyone out there who has ever had kids you know exactly what I'm about to talk about.

I have three beautiful kids who I adore to pieces but since the birth of my last baby (Brinely) I have had a few rough days. Mostly the last month has been a bit of a challenge. Is it the baby causing me this grief NO! She is a wonderful baby. She rarely fusses, eats great (no nursing this time), sleeps like a dream and makes me smile all the time. The other two are busy and make me crazy but I really don't think there the issue either. No this time I really understand what chemical imbalance is really all about.

I am moody and wheepy and cranky most days. I have no problen speaking my mind and get really pissy when people question what I'm feeling. I don't get mad very often but when I do get away from me and let me have my space. I've always been that way it's a family thing. So why this time, why now am I having this problem. I had post-pardum with my first baby but it was mostly sleep induced. I had no problems with my second and now with #3 I want to crawl into a hole. I don't feel like I need drugs or therapy I just need to work through it but some days I really just want the world to go away. For example today I was fine, lot's of work to keep me pre-occupied and then the evening was over but yesterday I was quite content to stay home and ignore everyone. What the heck!!!!

I know this will pass and I will be back to myself soon but I feel bad for my kids who get the brunt of it on the bad days. Thank goodness for school days. If you have any idea's I would love to hear them and perhaps as we women do, we can figure it out together. Thanks

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know EXACTLY how you are feeling.

Lisa said...

Hang in there girl!