Friday, August 08, 2008

A River Runs Through It! (Cochrane that is)
Earlier this week Jen took my kids for a whole day and over night and half of the next day so my hunny and I could hang out together. When I went to pick them up from Jen's place we decided to head to the Bow River that runs through Cochrane and into the city. We hung out and had a picnic and let the kids and the dog run free through the water. What an awesome plan. Nothing tired kids and dogs out more that sun, water and ham sandwiches.
We had lots of fun and managed to even get a few pictures. Usually I rely on Jen to take the photos but this time I remembered my camera.
David is my little sweethart. I can't call Jen of the phone without David taking the phone and telling me how much he loves me.
Someone should really feed that kid!
A very wet pooch .
This picture is proof of a milestone for Kelsey. She is a very texture sensitive little girl. She has never liked the feel of grass on her feet, let alone rocks and sand and dirt. This is her walking around with one shoe off because she discovered Crocs make really great sand and water shovels. Her shoes then both came off and she wandered around the rest of the time barefoot. You go girl!
I love to see my kids in water it usually means very tired kids later.
Lauralyn was her usual cutey patottie that day and a little over heated.
Bailey in mid-shake. She's like a walking spray park. Anytime we though "Gee it's really warm out huh?" she would immediatly head over to the blanket we were on and proceed to dry off.
This is the girly way to throw rocks in the water. It's similar to the "Bend and Snap".
There's nothing better than a summer day with friends, I just hope we have a few more before the summer wears out. Thanks Jen for another great Hanson/Mckinnon memory!

No comments: