Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Reunion's!!

Today was a great day. I had a visit from a friend that I havn't seen in a long time and I have really missed her. She is one of those friends you can go months without talking to her and it doesn't make a difference in our friendship. Do you know those friends? The kind that if you need them no matter how long it's been there right there and no matter what's wrong in your life or there's you can alway's count on them. It's funny because when Lisa (the friend) and I were single I didn't even really like mostly just because she was skinny (unlike me), popular (unlike I was), and the guys loved her because she was funny, athletic, pretty and just the kind of girl they were all looking for ( and I was not ). So it was quite comical when she met Dan and got married and all of a sudden she was my type. We gained weight at the same time, put our hubby's through school together, had baby's together and just really enjoyed each other company. So when I moved away I was happy to see our friendship stick. She's been out to see me a few times ( not only for a great haircut but for my wonderful company as well ). Then tragedy struck this year when her 9 month old son Parker passed away from SIDS. It broke everyone's heart and and we all grieved right along with Dan and Lisa. When I saw her this visit she was looking strong and holding it together but you could really tell that her spirit was broken inside. Not only has her heart been broken but her faith and spirit as well. It makes me sad to see her question all that we have belived for so long. And no matter what people may tell her it brings little to no comfort. I know there is a plan for all of us but I've learned that sometimes that plan can bring real heartache to us for a time. I wish with all my heart that I could take Lisa's pain away but I feel so helpless that I can't. I don't know if she will ever read this but if she does I just hope that she will know that my faith in her will never falter and my love for her and her family will be here for her alway's. I know the phrase " You'll be together someday" may bring little comfort right now but one day I just hope that you can find joy and comfort in knowing that you will be together and you will never be seperated. For all you other mothers out there, kiss your babies a little more often and savour each and every moment you have, good and bad. To all my friends out there, I value all our friendships, new and old. I have been blessed by some of the most wonderful people in my life and I hope you all know how much I adore each and every one of you.

No comments: