Friday, December 08, 2006

Are We There Yet?

Crap this holiday is exhausting!! Have I mentioned I have 18 people coming for Christmas this year. It's not that I'm not excited because I'm totally pumped, but holy crap I am tired. I have tried to be as relaxed as I can but all of a sudden I realize that the gifts are not bought, the tree only just went up yesterday, the house is still a disaster (even after a full trunk load went to the 2nd hand store) and I'm really stinkin' tired. So what am I doing to remedy it, I am sitting here on Jen the Mom's computer while she pick's up her kids and I hang out at her house and pretend that the mess in my house doesn't exist. Is it working?

I have had lot's of drama in my life lately none that I can go into great detail about at the moment but let me tell you life is never dull when you have friends and family like mine. I love the people in my life but WOW am I grateful for my uneventful life and my boring kids and husband. Knock on wood life stays boring for awhile. Jen the Mom was right when she said I suffer from a disease called the can't say NO disease. I am going to duct tape my mouth shut on the first of January so I can hopefully have a restful month. How much you wanna bet that that won't last long. Oh well at least I'm never looking for something to do.

On a positive note the kids and I did get a good start on the holiday shopping last night and we may be done by the end of the weekend. Well maybe not done but at least almost there. I hope all your preparations are going well and don't worry the Christmas cards will hopefully be mailed out by Monday. Miss Tricia Price was the official first holiday card that arrived at our home today and was soon followed by one from Ron and Bel Bishop.

See you soon

No comments: